Oxygen therapies have been utilized and heavily studied for more than a century outside the U.S. In Germany, oxygen therapy is even covered by health insurance. Scientific research shows that oxygen therapies can reverse and heal many conditions. Millions of treatments have been performed with a higher safety record than aspirin, according to a 2012 study. However, oxygen therapies are suppressed by the medical establishment in the U.S. There is no profit motive for something that costs $10 a pint and cannot be patented. In 1931 Dr. Otto Warburg won a Nobel prize for discovering that the root cause of cancer is oxygen deficiency, which creates an acidic state in the human body. Dr. Warburg found that cells which are receiving 35 percent less oxygen will become cancerous and start creating energy using damaging sugar fermentation. Dr. Warburg also discovered that cancer cells are anaerobic (do not breathe oxygen) and cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen, as found in an alkaline state.
Ozone (O3) and food-grade hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) are most commonly used for oxygen therapy. They add oxygen and beneficial ions — anti-oxidants — to the body. Ozone and peroxide function the same way in the body. They break down into the same key molecules which benefit the body, primarily: Oxygen (O2), singlet oxygen anion (O-), superoxide anion (OO•–), peroxide ion (OO2–). Ozone is stronger and breaks down to a slightly different ionic composition, but both both ozone or hydrogen peroxide can be used to accomplish the same results, so their studies can be considered interchangeably.
Oxygen used to be more plentiful on earth, as high as 28% just prior to the dinosaur extinction. Now it averages around 20%, and as low as 10% in metro areas due to smog and the lack of trees. Graphs show an unnatural straight-line decrease in the amount of oxygen in the past decades, suggesting planned deoxygenation as a cause more likely than anything else. Oxygen therapies add the oxygen your body needs, facilitating healing.
Administration of Oxygen Therapy
Oxygen therapy is administered through ozone or food-grade hydrogen peroxide. Most of the studies below and medical use involve intravenous infusions. Read more here: Ozone & Hydrogen Peroxide Can Heal Heart Disease, Cancer, Aids, Parkinson’s, Candida & More
According to the late Dr. Robert Willner, O3 and hydrogen peroxide act to strengthen healthy cells and destroy pathogens by:
- Activating the enzymes involved in “free radical destruction.”
- Enhancing metabolic detoxification.
- Increasing red blood cell pliability and blood fluidity.
- Increasing the production of white blood cells and strengthening their effectiveness in detecting and destroying foreign matter.
- Disrupting the cell wall of pathogenic cells.
- Acting as a strong anti-bacterial and germicide, both externally and within the body.
- Stimulating the immune system in general. (From Drs. Ozone).
Note that peroxide can be detrimental to some animals, such as dogs and chickens, who lack the enzyme to process peroxide.
Your Intent Matters
Your intent can affect the outcome of your treatment. Calling upon God or Jesus and your Angels to guide your healing process is essential. By working with God, the molecules can be guided for your Highest Good. They can be potentized and guided to where they need to go. Non-light energies holding toxins in place can be lifted. In the case of external application, healing agents can be guided several inches deep into the body, rather than just having surface effect. And most importantly, you can be guided to what physical steps are best for you.
What follows are just a few of many studies showing that peroxide and ozone can reverse and heal many conditions, such as: Heart disease, heart attacks, high cholesterol, cancer, breast cancer, AIDS, hepatitis, Parkinson’s, arthritis, osteoporosis, lumbar conditions, and more.
Following that section is a list of conditions doctors have said they have treated with oxygen therapy (along with some additional studies).
If a condition isn’t listed, you can likely find it in one of these scientific research databases:
The International Scientific Committee on Ozonetherapy’s library (ISCO3),
The information provided here is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be healthcare advice or medical diagnosis, treatment or prescribing. Full disclaimer
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Reverses Cancer
In the 1960’s, Dr. Robert Atkins lost his medical license after he announced on his weekly radio show that he had cured a woman of breast cancer by using ozone therapy. It took huge public outcry, and an agreement by Dr. Atkins to never use ozone therapy again, for him to get his medical license reinstated.
There are countless studies that demonstrate that hydrogen peroxide heals cancer. A handful are below and more are listed here.
A. Cancer in Rats Reversed by Hydrogen Peroxide in Drinking Water
A 1957 study by Dr. R.A. Holman, “Method of Destroying a Malignant Rat Tumour In Vivo”, found that cancer in rats was reversed by simply adding peroxide to their drinking water:
Rats implanted with the Walker 256 adeno-carcinoma were treated by simply replacing their drinking water with dilute solutions of commercial hydrogen peroxide… the rate of cure is on the average 50-60%. The time taken for complete disappearance of the tumour is usually 15-60 days. So far, 72 rats have been cured.
B. Cancer Cured or Partially Reduced by Hydrogen Peroxide
A 1967 study by several doctors, “Application of Hydrogen Peroxide Infusion to Maxillary Cancer”, showed 15/16 were either cured or partially reduced by intravenous peroxide treatments:
Of the 15 cases which had the cavity filled with tumor, 8 showed almost complete disappearance of tumor, 6 partial reduction, and only 1 little change. Most of those cases which showed significant response to the infusion began to show rapid fusion and sloughing of tumor in the cavity 3-4 days after the start of the infusion.
(Maxillary cancer is in the mouth, and has a high correlation with alcohol and tobacco consumption.)
C. Ozone Inhibits Breast, Uterine, and Lung Cancer
A 1980 study, “Ozone Selectively Inhibits Growth of Human Cancer Cells”, found that ozone exposure, in a dose-dependent manner, inhibited breast, uterine, and lung cancer cell growth by up to 90 percent while non-cancerous cells were unaffected:
The growth of human cancer cells from lung, breast, and uterine tumors was selectively inhibited in a dose-dependent manner by ozone at 0.3 to 0.8 part per million of ozone in ambient air during 8 days of culture. Human lung diploid fibroblasts served as noncancerous control cells. The presence of ozone at 0.3 to 0.5 part per million inhibited cancer cell growth 40 and 60 percent, respectively. The noncancerous lung cells were unaffected at these levels. Exposure to ozone at 0.8 part per million inhibited cancer cell growth more than 90 percent and control cell growth less than 50 percent.
D. Hydrogen Peroxide is Anti-Tumor with Little Toxicity
A 1981 study by doctors Carl Nathan and Zanvil Cohn, “Anti-Tumor Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide In Vivo”, found that H2O2 was a non-toxic anti-cancer agent:
An H2O2-generating system confined to the tumor bed exerted clear-cut antitumor effects with little toxicity to the host.
E. Hydrogen Peroxide Decreases Metastasis, Selectively Kills Cancer Cells
A 2016 paper by several doctors, “Molecular and Cellular Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide on Human Lung Cancer Cells: Potential Therapeutic Implications”, discusses how peroxide decreases cancer cell proliferation, selectively kills cancer cancer cells (apoptosis) via DNA damage, aids cancer drugs, can help treat cancer that is resistant to conventional treatment, and can help with healing wounded tissue and other disorders. The doctors say that oxygenation alone isn’t enough to combat tumors, but I for one know one person healed by oxygen alone.
H2O2 facilitates the endocytosis of oligonucleotides, affects membrane proteins, induces calcium release, and decreases cancer cell migration and invasion… H2O2 can selectively induce apoptosis in cancer cells and mediate, at least in part, the activity of several anticancer drugs…
Panieri et al. demonstrated that NSCLC cells [non-small cell lung cancer] resistant to conventional anticancer treatment can be sensitized in the presence of either high levels of H2O2 (48 μM) resulting in DNA damage and irreversible ATP depletion (caspase-independent) or lower H2O2 concentrations (6.5 μM) which induces inhibition of glycolysis and abrogation of ATP restoring mechanisms. Thus, cancers not responding to conventional therapies may be evaluated for their response to different H2O2 concentrations.
Herein we described that hydrogen peroxide has several effects on lung cancer cells including DNA damage, cell cycle arrest, apoptosis, migration, and inflammation. Because many of these mechanisms end up with cell death, cautious delivery of H2O2 may be used as a potential therapeutic tool to treat some disorders including lung cancer. Actually, opposite effects of H2O2 may be also used in favor of some conditions. For instance, H2O2 (30 μM) induced the migration of A549 cells, showing that the exposure to low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide may benefit tissue repair during acute lung injury . Furthermore, H2O2 has been used to enhance the adhesion of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells when systemically administered in inflammatory bowel disorders.
E. Oxygen Ions Kill Cancer Cells and Improves Wound Healing
Seven studies appearing from 2009-2014 found that “cold plasma” can be used to treat cancer. Cold plasma is another term for the same healing molecules and ions used in oxygen therapy: O2, HOO- and O-. Tesla recommended healing with plasma, patenting his Violet Ray and other ozone devices in the late 1800s. Modern medicine is finally catching up, such as one company producing a medical cold plasma device. The device generates an unheated violet flame like Tesla’s Violet Ray, and applies the open flame directly to the body. These pricey devices produce the same ions as hydrogen peroxide and ozone, and they also produce nitrogen, helium, and other ions (but scientists have recognized ozone ions as the “major player” in decreasing cancer). One study about cold plasma from 2012, entitled “Targeting the cancer cell cycle by cold atmospheric plasma”, synthesized four other studies which had found that oxygen ions decreased tumor size by killing cancer cells:
Recently, it was reported that newly developed cold atmospheric or non-thermal plasmas (CAPs) could be used as an alternative therapies for cancer5,6. It was shown in vivo that tumor size can be decreased when CAP treatment was applied locally. Analysis of the CAP effect in vitro revealed that cancer cells die due to apoptosis. It was reported early that the reactive oxygen species (ROS) are the major players in the cell response to CAP treatment in vitro and in vivo. Additional effects of cold atmospheric plasmas on the living tissue at various levels were shown: plasma sterilization, improvement in wound healing, cell migration changes, changes in the protein expression7,8,9,10,11,12. The variety of different effects of plasma can be explained by the complex chemical composition of CAP and variations in the way that CAP is generated. In fact, CAP is a cocktail containing variety of ROS, reactive nitrogen species, charge particles, UV etc. This variety leads to the myriad of effects mentioned above.
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Helps Heart Disease, Strokes, Atherosclerosis, & High Cholesterol
Hydrogen peroxide has been found to dissolve cholesterol and calcium deposits associated with atherosclerosis, to minimize the possibility of a heart attack, and even resuscitate after a heart attack. Ozone can accomplish the same, since it breaks down into the same ions. Here are a few studies, there are many more.
Dr. Thomas Levy, in a 2021 study, “Canceling the Spike Protein: Striking Visual Evidence”, reported that v*cc-es cause blood clotting, and ozone therapy reverses clotting (see photo at the top of the page). Similar blood clotting patterns were found in Pfizer, Moderna, & J&J v#cc#ne recipients. Dr. Levy treated his patients with intravenous ozone and Vitamin C, and he recommends them in his protocol listed at the end of his study. Says Dr. Levy:
Both the COVID vaccine and the COVID infection have been documented to provoke increased blood clotting [thrombosis] (Biswas et al., 2021; Lundstrom et al., 2021)… Of note, similar abnormal dark field microscopy findings [of clotted blood] were found in other individuals following Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson COVID v##cc#nations.
A 2020 study by two Polish scientists, Dr. Hanna Juchniewicz and Dr. Anna Lubkowska, “Oxygen-Ozone (O 2-O 3) Therapy in Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD): A Review Study”, said ozone therapy can reduce the possibility of heart attacks and help peripheral arterial disease:
The oxygen-ozone therapy promotes faster recovery and enhances healing processes. It appears to be an effective adjunctive therapy in preventing peripheral artery disease complications such as occurrence of cardiovascular event, amputation or other extreme surgical solutions. It has been concluded that the O2-O3 therapy improves the quality of life of PAD patients
Dr. James Finney was one of the earlier researchers of hydrogen peroxide. A 1966 study by Dr. Finney, “Removal of Cholesterol and Other Lipids From Experimental Animal and Human Atheromatous Arteries by Dilute Hydrogen Peroxide”, found that parts of arteries treated with peroxide had decreased cholesterol lesions:
Examination of aortas taken at autopsy from patients who had been treated with intra-arterial hydrogen peroxide for extended periods of time showed an increase in elasticity, a decrease in subintimal lipid deposits, and a reduction in number and severity of atheromatous lesions in the infused area when compared to the noninfused area.
Dr. Harold Urshel also did much early research into the benefits of hydrogen peroxide. A 1965 study by Dr. Urshel, “Cardiac Resuscitation With Hydrogen Peroxide”, found that peroxide can actually reverse heart attacks:
Ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest resulting from myocardial ischemia or anoxia in hearts which could not be resuscitated by conventional techniques could be reversed to regular sinus rhythm by the regional application of dilute hydrogen peroxide.
Another study by Dr. Urshel in 1967, “Cardiovascular Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide: Current Status”, found that peroxide reverses atherosclerosis:
Hydrogen peroxide has been demonstrated to be an adjunctive source of oxygen for the anoxic or ischemic heart and can improve resuscitation in refractile arrhythmias or cardiac arrest. Intra-arterial infusion has been noted to reverse the atherosclerotic process, potentiate the effect of irradiation on malignant tumors, increase the localization of radioisotopes in malignant tumors, protect against Clostridium welchii infections, promote wound healing and serve as an excellent source of regional oxygenation without significant systemic toxicity.
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Reverses HIV, Hepatitis, Herpes & Foot Fungus
German Dr. Horst Kief has pioneered work on AIDS patients for many years. A 2015 study by Dr. Kief, “The treatment of viral diseases with ozone”, found that ozone helps reverse hepatitis and AIDS:
The present study provides the statistical proof of an extraordinary efficiency in cases of chronically aggressive hepatitis showing an above-mentioned frequency of serum conversions in HbsAg-positive patients. In AIDS and ARC patients this method the hyperbaric ozone therapy can lead to obvious remittances of the reduced lymphocytic population and to an astonishing improvement of the clinical status provided that the disease has not much progressed yet. When complete picture of AIDS has manifested itself, partial remissions can be still achieved in 30% of the cases.
A 1991 study, “Inactivation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 by Ozone In Vitro”, found that ozone has potent anti-HIV activity:
Ozone has previously been shown to possess potent antiviral activity, especially when used against lipid-enveloped viruses [such as AIDS, hepatitis, Epstein Barr, cytomegalovirus] 5, 11, 12. For this reason we investigated the use of ozone as a potential anti-HIV-1 agent.
A device was designed to deliver a constant source of given concentrations of ozone to fluids containing human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1). Ozone was found to inactivate HIV-1 virions in a dose-dependent manner. Greater than 11 log inactivation was achieved within 2 hours at a concentration of 1, 200 ppm ozone… The data indicate that the antiviral effects of ozone include viral particle disruption, reverse transcriptase inactivation, and/or a perturbation of the ability of the virus to bind to its receptor on target cells. Ozone treatment offers promise as a means to inactivate human retroviruses in human body fluids and blood product preparations.
A 2010 study (citing another study from 2009), “Ozone and Ozonated Oils in Skin Diseases: A Review”, reported that minor autohemotherapy stopped herpes I and II from returning. The study also reported that ozonated oils and salves applied topically helped kill pathogens and hasten healing for mouth infections, herpes I, acne, athlete’s foot, and foot toenail fungus:
[Minor autohemotherapy] has been successfully used for eliminating recurrences of HV-I and II infections…
As for the oral infections (aphthae, HV-I, opportunistic superinfections, or acne) the earliest as possible application of ozonated ointments, by minimizing pathogen diffusion and enhancing microcirculation, reduces the swelling, destroys the pathogen, and allows a rapid healing.
Note that when buying ozonated oils and salves, you have to look carefully at the pictures and description to determine if it is an oil or a salve.
Studies: Scars, Cellulite, Wound Healing
A 2021 study, “Fundamentals of the Use of Ozone Therapy in the Treatment of Aesthetic Disorders: A Review”, reports that ozone injections can benefit various aesthetic issues:
We found several reports in the literature that justify the use of ozone and its different therapeutic modalities in various aesthetic affections, mainly in the treatment of localized fat, cellulite, rejuvenation, skin tissue repair, acne, dyschromia, and others. Through its various therapeutic modalities, we conclude that ozone therapy has added a lot to aesthetic procedures, mainly for its effective supporting action or as the main agent of critical physiological changes to enhance clinical results when treating aesthetic conditions
A 2005 study found that rosacea improved after intravenous ozone therapy. (Study, “Dynamics of Lipid Peroxidation Indices under Influence of Ozone Therapy in Patients with Complicated Forms of Rosacea and Acne Disease.”)
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Fights C*v***d
Dr. David Brownstein was threatened by the FDA to stop speaking about his treatment of C*v**d patients with natural remedies, including ozone. So in 2020 he did a study with several other doctors, “A Novel Approach to Treating COVID-19 Using Nutritional and Oxidative Therapies” — which found that 100% of his patients were successfully treated by his program:
A novel treatment program combining nutritional and oxidative therapies was shown to successfully treat the signs and symptoms of 100% of 107 patients diagnosed with C**V*D-19.
Each patient was treated with an individualized plan consisting of a combination of oral, IV, IM, and nebulized nutritional and oxidative therapies which resulted in zero deaths and recovery from C**V*D-19.
Drs. Ozone reports that another 2020 study, “Potential use of ozone in SARS-CoV-2 / C*v**d–19”, shows that oxygen therapy can be used to fight c*v**d by:
- Blocking the virus’ ability to replicate by balancing the cellular redox state. Study 2, Study 3, Study 4
- Activating and modulating the immune system to prevent the virus from escaping immune control. Study 5, Study 6, Study 7
- Improving oxygenation to prevent scarring of the lungs and protect vital organs from viral damage. Study 8, Study 9, Study 10
- When used with blood ozonation, deactivating the virus which creates a natural vaccine – hypothesized. Study 11, Study 12, Study 13.
Studies show that ozone at levels of about .2 PPM for about 30 minutes kills viruses, including corona viruses.
More studies on the use of ozone to combat C-V are cited here.
Studies: Kidney Failure Delayed
The Library of Medical Research lists a great deal of studies in its Ozone Research Depository (scroll down to the last two sections). One study, “Ozone: A Possible Agent that Delays the Chronic Renal Failure”, found that ozone insufflation delayed the advancement of chronic renal failure (CRF):
In this animal model of CRF, rectal administrations of ozone produced a delay in the advance of the disease, protecting the kidneys against the deleterious effects present in the CRF. Consequently, whenever possible, ozone therapy may become an important therapy to improve the quality of life of patients suffering of CRF.
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Helps Diabetic Neuropathy and Ulcerations
Ozone therapy can help diabetic neuropathy and ulcerations heal. Someone with badly ulcerated foot was treated with ozonated water, ozonated oils, ozone gas bagging, and systemic ozone boosting. The ulcerations healed in 35 days.
Below is an example of diabetic ulcerations, treated with intravenous hydrogen peroxide by Dr. Wittel in Canda.
See also these studies:
- “The Clinical Application of Ozone Therapy”, 2010
- Martinez-Sanchez et al., 2005, Guclu et al., 2016, Rosul, Patskan, 2016, Izadi et al., 2019, Ramirez-Acuna et al., 2019
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Helps Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, Macular Degeneration, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
A 2018 study by Italian Doctor Emma Borrelli, “The Use of Ozone in Medicine”, describes how ozone therapy helps nerve diseases, such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, fibromyalgia, age-related macular degeneration, as well as peripheral arterial disease, heart failure, lung disease, and likely MS:
“[I]n most cases the patient reports a feeling of wellness, but if he/she reports to be tired and sleepy, we must reduce the ozone dose. However about 85% of patients report a feeling of wellbeing and increased energy. After six months therapy, one ozone therapy is enough and, by the tenth month, the patient reduces the symptomatology and improves the performance status.”
Regarding macular degeneration, a 2011 study by two scientists, “Mechanisms of Action Involved in Ozone Therapy: Is healing induced via a mild oxidative stress?”, reported that over a thousand patients had been treated for age-related dry macular degeneration in Siena, Italy, and 3/4 had shown improvement on vision tests. The studies also found that degeneration had not progressed. The process used ozonated blood, which involves removing the person’s blood, ozonating it, and reinfusing it into the body (called ozonated autohemotherapy, or AHT or OA):
Since 1995, almost 1,000 patient with the dry form of ARMD have been treated with ozonated AHT [ozonated blood] at the Siena (Italy) polyclinic and three-quarters have shown an improvement of one to two lines on the visual acuity chart (reviewed in 46). Moreover it is relevant that the disease does not progress during ozone therapy. Usually 15-18 treatments, at an initial ozone concentration of 20 mg/ml of gas per ml blood, slowly upgraded to 60 mg/ml (twice weekly), followed by two monthly session as a maintenance therapy, allows to maintain the improvement. Although uncontrolled, this study emphasizes that ozone therapy is the only treatment able to dramatically improve the patient’s quality of life.
Regarding multiple sclerosis, a 2019 study by six scientists which evaluated other studies, “Mechanisms of pathophysiology of blood vessels in patients with multiple sclerosis treated with ozone therapy: a systematic review”, reported that ozone therapy can help neurological disorders like MS:
In parallel, recent studies have shown that the ozone administration could be very useful in treating neurological disorders and inflammatory and degenerative neurological diseases… In a study, Molinari et al., 2014 in a long-term monitoring reported that ozonated authohemotherappy had a clear effect on progress of the reduction of chronic oxidative stress and enhance of the mitochondrial functionality of neural cells in MS patients (38).
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Ameliorates Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Knee Problems
Dr. Borrelli in her 2018 study, “The Use of Ozone in Medicine”, also says that ozone helps muscle-skeletal conditions, such as arthritis, osteoporosis, bone fractures, knee problems. She says that “small doses of ozone induce great relief for a long time.”
Dr. Frank Schallenberger trained in Europe, then went on to formulate ozone injections (prolozone) that made the process more comfortable and effective. In his 2011 article, “Prolozone™ – Regenerating Joints and Eliminating Pain”, Dr. Schallenberger said “basically anything that hurts” will respond to ozone injections:
- Chronic neck and back pain from any cause,
- Rotator cuff injuries,
- Degenerative and arthritic hips, knees, and ankles,
- Degenerated discs,
- Plantar fasciitis,
- Carpal tunnel syndrome,
- Heel spurs,
- Inflammatory conditions
- Tennis elbow,
- Sinus infections,
- Pelvic disorders,
- Dental infections,
- Post-op pain,
- Non-union fractures,
- Painful scars,
- Sports injuries.
Dr. Schallenberger reported that inflammatory vs. degenerative conditions can require different length of treatments. For example, one patient with inflammation in her knee from rheumatoid arthritis experienced dramatic results: “Within two days 75% of the pain and inflammation was gone.” But degeneration from osteoarthritic conditions can heal more slowly. For example, a patient with an osteoarthritic knee needed several treatments and occasional boosters: “She called me up one week later and told me that she was 20% better… We continued the treatments for a total of seven times, at which point she was so functional that she saw no need for further treatments. She remained that way for months, and only needed to return 2-3 times each year for a ‘booster.’ “
Dr. Schallenberger provides x-rays of a degenerated knee healed by ozone injections. The first photo below shows bone on bone — a very painful state which greatly limits mobility. The second photo shows the return of cartilage after 8 treatments over 7 months.
A 2016 study by three scientists, “Medical ozone therapy as a potential treatment modality for regeneration of damaged articular cartilage in osteoarthritis”, also found that ozone helps osteoarthritis (OA). Osteoarthritis involves damage to articular cartilage, which is the thin layer of smooth cartilage that lines the ends of your bones allowing the bones to move smoothly across another. Chondrocytes are the only cells found in healthy cartilage. They produce and maintain the cartilaginous matrix, which consists mainly of collagen and proteoglycans. However, pro-inflammatory cytokines can inadvertently cause death of the chondrocytes and help degrade the collagen. Ozone reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines, allowing chondrocytes to survive and proliferate, and stimulates natural healing in the body:
Once articular cartilage is damaged, it has limited potential to repair itself. Many treatment modalities that are used to repair damaged articular cartilage show limited efﬁciency. O3 is an efﬁcient therapy in the treatment of damaged articular cartilage in OA. Ozone inhibits the inﬂammatory milieu, which damages the cartilage matrix and induces apoptosis of chondrocytes in OA. It produces its beneﬁcial effects by normalizing the cellular redox balance and through the actions of cytokines.
[Pro-inflammatory] cytokines inhibit the synthesis of aggrecan and collagen type II, which are the major components of the cartilage matrix (Saklatvala, 1986, Goldring et al., 1994). In addition, these cytokines increase the release of matrix metalloproteinases and aggrecanase, enzymes that degrade the matrices, causing cartilage damage, disturbance of the metabolic balance of the cartilage matrix and eventually apoptosis (Kondo et al., 2014).
O3 therapy can … [inhibit] the release of proinflammatory cytokines. This inhibits the degradation of the cartilage matrix and initiation of the apoptotic pathway, thereby causing cell survival and proliferation. O3 can stimulate the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) through the glycolysis enzymatic pathway and increase oxygenation to injured cells and thus prevent cell death (Guven et al., 2008).
It has been shown that the controlled administration of O3 may promote an oxidative preconditioning or adaptation to oxidative stress that in turn stimulates the antioxidant endogenous systems resulting in the protection against tissue damage (Ajamieh et al., 2004).
A 2018 study by 5 scientists, “An investigation into the efficacy of intra-articular ozone (O2–O3) injection in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis”, found that ozone injections for knee arthritis far superior to placebo, and about the same as other hyalauronic injections.
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Ameliorates Lumbar Issues
In Dr. Borrelli’s study above, “The Use of Ozone in Medicine”, she reports that in cases of herniated disc conditions, “Usually up to 70% of patients have shown a great outcome.” She said that ozone treatment dissolves the broken-down materials in the disc, leading “to progressive shrinkage and disappearance of the herniated material.”
A 2021 study, “Intradiscal oxygen-ozone therapy for the treatment of symptomatic lumbar disc herniation”, found that injections of oxygen-ozone into herniated discs (intradiscal) resulted in a pain score dropping from about 8 to about 4 in two months time, and to 3 in year. MRI images showed a 20% decrease in herniation size in 2 months as well:
This study was conducted in twenty patients presenting lumbar disc herniation with resistant lumbar or lumbar radicular pain. They underwent intradiscal oxygen-ozone therapy under computed tomography guidance… MR imaging examinations were obtained before treatment and 2 months post-procedure to analyse treatment-related disc modifications including modification of the surfaces of the disc and of the herniated disc, and the variations in disc height according to the disc height index. Clinical outcomes were assessed using the visual analogue scale (VAS) to evaluate the severity of pain before the procedure, at primary (2 months) and at secondary (12 months) follow-ups.
A 2021 paper by four Italian doctors, “Oxygen-Ozone Therapy in the Rehabilitation Field: State of the Art on Mechanisms of Action, Safety and Effectiveness in Patients with Musculoskeletal Disorders”, discusses over a hundred studies, regarding ozone’s effectiveness in helping muscle-skeletal conditions. For example, a study on low back pain (LBP) by Paoloni et. al. in 2009 found:
O2O3 injections seem to be a safe and effective way to relieve pain and reduce disability and the intake of analgesic drugs in LBP patients.
Another cited by the 2021 paper, by Özcan et. al. in 2019, showed that:
79% of patients had a significant pain and back disability reduction, corroborating the hypothesis that intramuscular O2O3 injections can be considered a safe, reliable and effective therapeutic intervention in LBP management.
However, lumbar ozone therapy can fail. A 2002 study, “Failure of Oxygen-Ozone Therapy with Intradiscal and Periganglionic Injection in Lumbo-sciatica”, evaluated the reasons why lumbar ozone therapy would fail. They found that certain type of injury, calcification of the injured area (calcified HNP), or narrowing of the space between discs (spinal canal stenosis) can cause the procedure not to work. (Note that an inverter can increase the spaces between discs and often alleviates pain.) Also, the scientists indicate that injections into the discs themselves work better than into the foramina, the adjacent openings in the vertebrae for the nerves: “Intradiscal O2-O3 injection guarantees better results than intraforaminal injection.”
Studies: Oxygen Therapy Can Help with Pregnancy Issues
A 2021 study by doctors from Japan, Russia, and Ukraine, “Homeostatic and endocrine responses as the basis for systemic therapy with medical gases: ozone, xenon and molecular hydrogen”, reports that O3 can aid during pregnancy to increase estriol levels, normalize placental lactogen, decrease miscarriage, growth retardation and anemia:
Treatment within pregnancy is especially evident in relation to O3, which is widely used in Russia as a means of correcting the hormone-producing function of the fetoplacental complex and the homeostasis system of various etiologies….
[In one study] the average level of free estriol significantly increased after ozone therapy by 59.9% – from 78.2 ± 2.5 to 92.3 ± 3.2 nM (P < 0.05). Evidence of the strong stimulating effect of O3 on estriol secretion was the average weekly increase in estriol in patients in the O3 group in the third trimester of pregnancy, which was 6.6 times higher (P < 0.05) compared to the control patient group (33.02 ± 5.2 nM).
Conventional treatment was less effective – a lag behind normal levels of the hormone was observed in 70% of women. A study on the efficiency of ozone in the normalization of human placental lactogen in patients with compensated chronic renal failure showed that the achieved hormone concentration was adequate for the gestational age in 77% of patients receiving ozone therapy, and the increase in concentration was significant (from 173.8 ± 6.7 to 208.6 ± 8.1 nM (P < 0.05), i.e., 34.8 nM, or 20.2%). In patients treated by conventional methods, the average of weekly increase in the content of placental lactogen was 3.9 times less than after ozone therapy, and normalization was achieved only in 50% of women in the control group.
Similar findings were made in another study based on the data from a study of ozone therapy in obstetrics. For example, a group of 135 women with a threat of miscarriage in the first trimester received ozone therapy. In the control group, a group of 89 women with the same diagnosis was studied. Ozone therapy was conducted in the form of an IVOS with an O3 concentration of 0.4 mg/L. Simultaneously, the incidence of sub-compensated forms of placental insufficiency decreased by 2.4 times and 5.5 times, respectively. The frequency of intrauterine growth retardation and the frequency of anemia in pregnant women decreased to 4.7 and 7.3 times, respectively. The phenomenal results of using ozone therapy in obstetrics described above indicate the undoubtable effect of O3 on the HPG axis.
Below is an incomplete list of many conditions that have been shown benefit from oxygen therapy, along with numerous studies. In essence, it appears that ozone can benefit most conditions. More conditions listed here.
Several conditions listed below are nanobot conditions, such as c*v**d, AIDS, Lyme disease, etc. So nanobots may also need to be cleared for the body to heal.
List of Conditions Benefited by Oxygen Therapy
- Bacteria & infections
- Ozone therapy: A clinical review, 2011.
- “Survival of Nosocomial Bacterial and Spores on Surfaces and Inactivation by Hydrogen Peroxide Vapor”, 2009.
- “The Clinical Application of Ozone Therapy”, 2010.
- Smith et al., 2017, Mandhare et al., 2012, Song et al., 2018.
- “Method of Destroying a Malignant Rat Tumour In Vivo”, 1957.
- Ovarian cancer, “Oxygenation inhibits ovarian tumor growth by downregulating STAT3 and cyclin-D1 expressions”, 2010
- Breast cancer, pancreas adenocarcinoma, skin epithelioma, lung cancer (small and non-small cell lung cancer), colon adenocarcinoma, prostate adenocarcinoma. “Efficacy of High-Ozonide Oil in Prevention of Cancer Relapses Mechanisms and Clinical Evidence”, 2022. Less relapse when combined with orthodox treatments.
- Lung cancer, “Molecular and Cellular Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide on Human Lung Cancer Cells: Potential Therapeutic Implications”, 2016.
- Maxillary cancer, “Application of Hydrogen Peroxide Infusion to Maxillary Cancer”, 1967.
- “Ozone Selectively Inhibits Growth of Human Cancer Cells”, 1980.
- “Anti-Tumor Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide In Vivo”, 1981.
- “Targeting the cancer cell cycle by cold atmospheric plasma”, 2012.
- Chemotherapy – “Hyperbaric oxygen as an adjunctive therapy in treatment of malignancies, including brain tumours.” The effect of chemotherapy is significantly increased immediately after hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- See also Ozone: A Wide Spectrum Healer
- Many testimonials here.
- Cardiovascular, peripheral vascular, neurological, orthopaedic, gastrointestinal and genitourinary conditions
- Cardiac arrest, heart disease
- Cerebral sclerosis
- Chicken pox / shingles
- Colds and flu
- Ear, nose and throat infections
- “The Use of Peroxide of Hydrogen in Diseases of The Nose, Throat and Ear”, 1891.
- Smith et al., 2017, Mandhare et al., 2012, Song et al., 2018, includes information about c*v**d, Zheng et al., 2020.
- “Ozone and oxidation therapies as a solution to the emerging crisis in infectious disease management: a review of current knowledge and experience”, 2019. “All five patients responded immediately. Upon administration of ozone in any form, deterioration ceased. All patients made a full recovery within four days or less.”
- Endocrine issues – such as pancreatitis, thyroiditis, hyperthyroidism, amenorrhea, menopausal problems.
- “Homeostatic and endocrine responses as the basis for systemic therapy with medical gases: ozone, xenon and molecular hydrogen”, 2021.
- The study states the three medical gases, “MGs”, have the ability to affect the endocrine system: “To conclude, three typical MGs, O3, Xe, and H2, show beneficial effects in various diseases and symptoms in complex manners. Though these MGs exhibit different physiological activities, a common mechanism of these MGs are manipulating the neuroendocrine system, modulating the production or release of hormones, such as corticosteroids, testosterone, estrogen, and ghrelin.”
- The study says that ozone normalizes the thyroid gland: “Ozone therapy in the form of intravenous infusion of ozonized saline (IVOS) is used for treating thyrotoxic goiter as a means of normalizing the activity of the thyroid gland.53 It is shown in the work that ozone therapy reduces the level of thyroid hormones by 22.8–44.5%, the thyroid index by 2.3 times, and increases the duration of drug remission by 2.6 times.”
- Medical gas xenon decreases TSH levels: “Xe also has a thyrotropic effect.41 A sharp decrease in the level of TSH and a decrease in the average body temperature of patients undergoing xenon therapy noted in this work imply a restructuring of the adaptation system from a resistance strategy to a tolerance strategy.”
- The study also references the benefits of medical gases during pregnancy issues: “Treatment within pregnancy is especially evident in relation to O3, which is widely used in Russia as a means of correcting the hormone-producing function of the fetoplacental complex and the homeostasis system of various etiologies.”
- “Role of Ozone Therapy in Preventing Testicular Damage in an Experimental Cryptorchid Rat Model”, 2018. The study stated “that ozone therapy, either as a single agent or in combination with HCG, is a promising approach for protection of testicular functions.”
- “Homeostatic and endocrine responses as the basis for systemic therapy with medical gases: ozone, xenon and molecular hydrogen”, 2021.
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Gout (ozone breaks down uric acid)
- “Efficacy and safety of ozonated autohemotherapy in patients with hyperuricemia and gout: A phase I pilot study”, 2014
- See also – Arthritis section.
- Gynecological conditions
- High cholesterol
- Infectious diseases
- Joint dystrophy
- Low back pain, disc issues
- “Intradiscal oxygen-ozone therapy for the treatment of symptomatic lumbar disc herniation”, 2021
- “Oxygen-Ozone Therapy in the Rehabilitation Field: State of the Art on Mechanisms of Action, Safety and Effectiveness in Patients with Musculoskeletal Disorders”, 2021
- See also Ozone Therapy: New Breakthrough for Back Treatment, Italian Dr. Cesare Verga developed the Discosan method, which he says heals discs by bringing brings more blood supply, oxygen, and fibroblasts. (Another study says that “Ozone oil promotes wound healing by increasing the migration of fibroblasts via PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway.”)
- Lung diseases
- Macular degeneration age related, dry.
- Multiple sclerosis, MS
- Muscolo-skeleton conditions, such as low back pain, neck pain, osteoarthritis, tendinopathy, fibromyalgia
- Neurodegenerative conditions — Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson disease, ALS, Huntington Disease (these are nanobot conditions).
- Optic issues
- “An investigation into the efficacy of intra-articular ozone (O2–O3) injection in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis”, 2018.
- “Medical ozone therapy as a potential treatment modality for regeneration of damaged articular cartilage in osteoarthritis, 2016
- “The effect of medical ozone treatment on cartilage chondrocyte autophagy in a rat model of osteoarthritis”, 2020. The study found: “The results showed that intra-articular injection of O3 can effectively alleviate pain and inhibit cartilage degeneration in OA rats.”
- Muscolo-skeleton conditions, such as low back pain, neck pain, osteoarthritis, tendinopathy, fibromyalgia
- Peripheral arterial disease
- “Influenzal Pneumonia: The Intravenous Injection of Hydrogen Peroxide”, 1920.
- “Ozone and oxidation therapies as a solution to the emerging crisis in infectious disease management: a review of current knowledge and experience”, 2019. “Intravenous hydrogen peroxide therapy likewise antedated the antibiotic era, and was utilized to halve the death rate from influenzal pneumonia in 1918.”
- This study states that medical anti-oxidant gas H2 helps psoriasis: “Homeostatic and endocrine responses as the basis for systemic therapy with medical gases: ozone, xenon and molecular hydrogen”, 2021. “H2, is also effective in treating psoriasis.54″
- Raynaud’s disease
- Rheumatism conditions: Arthritis (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis), gout, fibromyalgia, lupus
- Scabies / Mites / Home infestation
- “Killing Effect of Ozone on House Dust Mites, the Major Indoor Allergen of Allergic Disease”, 2005. Study found that ozone does kill mites, but you need a high ozone concentration. Does not kill eggs.
- “How to Kill Dust Mite with Ozone. ” Treating your home: High ozone concentrations, over six parts per million, kill mites, parasites, and small bugs.
- Skin conditions/wound healing
- Sudden Hearing Loss
- V*ks-1-ne-Induced Blood Clots
- Varicose veins
- Vascular diseases, such as peripheral arterial disease, heart failure, age-related macular degeneration, lung disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and likely multiple sclerosis, MS.
- “The treatment of viral diseases with ozone“, 2015.
- Ozone therapy: A clinical review”,
- See also “Ozone Therapy Ideal for Treating Lyme Disease.” Lyme disease is a nanobot condition. (As a note, researchers linked amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), lupus, Parkinson’s disease, and rheumatoid arthritis to chronic cases of Lyme disease.)
- Warts (HPV virus)
More Studies and Conditions Benefited by Oxygen Therapy
This study lists many conditions benefited by ozone/peroxide:
- 2010 study, “The Clinical Application of Ozone Therapy”
These three articles list more conditions benefited by ozone/peroxide:
- Ozone: A Wide Spectrum Healer. http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/Ozone_Wide_Spectrum_Healer.html
- The Truth About Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide Research Library. http://www.foodgrade-hydrogenperoxide.com/id32.html
- Intravenous Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy by Ron Kennedy, M.D., Santa Rosa, California. https://www.chelationbc.com/hydrogen-peroxide.html
Reproduction permitted with attribution for non-commercial use:
Cite with clickable link to: Oxygen Therapy: Studies Show Healing of Cancer, Heart Disease, AIDS, Arthritis, Low Back Issues & More