Ginger and turmeric prevent cancer and stop it from spreading, even better than chemotherapy drugs. They are also both immune system boosters, natural antibiotics, anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatories, and have many other health benefits.
Western science has discovered what the some of the healing compounds are in ginger and turmeric, and how these compounds work. Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine have used ginger and turmeric since ancient times. Chinese medicine says there are energetic differences on the body between the raw and dried forms.
I prefer the raw versions, as I find them stronger. Raw ginger makes a great part of a fresh morning tonic.
Crush or mince the ingredients, chew if you can, and swallow up:
- 1 clove of fresh minced garlic (let stand for 10 minutes after mincing, then enzymatic activity will release more of the beneficial component, allicin)
- Same amount of fresh minced ginger
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon (bottled lemon juice will have virtually no vitamin C)
- 1 T. olive oil
Below is some of the research about ginger and turmeric, and also some supplements. Some of the supplements I have bought, some are on my list to try next. Affiliate links are marked with a 🥕, which means if you decide to buy affiliate products, I will receive a small commission. Thanks!
The Healing Agents in Ginger
Ginger and turmeric contain many compounds that prevent and fight cancer. One compound known for its anti-tumor properties is B-elemene. This compound not only induces cancer cell death, but also stops cell cycles at four different stages, depending on the type of tumor. B-Elemene stops pancreatic cancer from spreading. (1)
Another compound in ginger, 6-Shogaol, has a 10,000-times greater efficacy than the popular chemotherapy drug Taxol when it comes to killing breast cancer stem cells. (2) 6-Shogaol is produced when ginger root is cooked or dried, and its cancer-killing effects can take place at concentrations that aren’t toxic to healthy cells, unlike conventional cancer treatment.(3)
The compounds in ginger (also called gingerols) have been found to inhibit carcinogens in the colon, thereby preventing colorectal cancer. Some studies also show promising links between gingerols and the reduction of tumors and cancerous cells in the ovaries. (4)
Ginger kills off enzymes that prostate cancer cells need to live. Without the enzymes, prostate cancer cells die within hours. (5)
Several studies have demonstrated ginger’s ability to also fight many strains of bacteria. (6)
Ginger and turmeric contain very potent anti-inflammatory compounds. (7)
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory is called curcumin. It protects against chronic illnesses like cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric have health benefits for skin, preventing or helping to repair visible signs of aging.
Curcumin has also been shown to increase levels of neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the brain. BDNF acts as a type of growth hormone that protects the brain from age-related decline or damage.( 8) Low BDNF levels are tied to depression (9) as well as Alzheimer’s. (10) Research shows that curcumin inserts itself into cell membranes, which may help to boost cells’ resistance to damage, infection, and inflammation. (11)
Mike Adam’s Health Ranger products are very high quality products. They are among the few companies that focus on organic products and third-party test all of their products for purity. Here is his organic powdered turmeric:
The Synergy of Turmeric, Black Pepper, and Ginger
The majority of curcumin gets metabolized before it reaches the bloodstream. Increasing the dose does not lead to higher absorption. One study revealed that administration of curcumin resulted in only 1% bioavailability of curcumin in rat plasma.
Black pepper, however, helps increase the bioavailability of curcurmin. The piperine in black pepper acts as bioenhancer to vitamins, amino acids, minerals and herbal compounds. In humans, curcumin bioavailability was increased by 2,000% at 45 minutes after co-administering curcumin orally with piperine with no adverse effects. (12) Even just a small pinch of pepper is sufficient. Additionally, initial brain uptake of curcumin was increased by 48% comparable to that without piperine
Gingerols act as bioenhancer to piperine, and usually ginger works synergistically with piperine. Ginger promotes the intestinal absorption of many compounds and elements, including some drugs. Frontier Coop makes a tea that contains ginger along with turmeric and black pepper to give you their synergistic benefits:
Heating turmeric, and eating it with quercetin (bioflavonoid) and bromelain also help increase its absorption. (13)
Turmeric is fat-soluble, thus for your body to fully absorb the compounds, you need to mix it with a fat source. Combining curcurmin with its own essential oil (turmerone) enhances the absorption of curcurmin. So you can eat whole turmeric, or there are products that combine the tumerone in capsules with curcurmin. A supplement made by Terry Naturals combines turmerone and curcurmin in a very concentrated fashion. The product says that their capsules “deliver up to 500 times more curcurmin to the bloodstream than turmeric.”
Chinese Medicine on Fresh vs. Dried Ginger
The processing method used to turn fresh ginger into ground ginger involves the reduction of the amount of gingerols it contains, but it also increases amounts of other important compounds like shogaols, which as mentioned above can even very potent and more effective for medicinal uses. Dried ginger is best to fight cancer, as it contains more shogaols. (7)
Chinese medical tradition says that the use of fresh ginger is recommended for reduction of fever, while dried ginger is required for keeping our body healthy and warm. (14)
- This ginger compound stops pancreatic cancer cells from spreading https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-26-ginger-compound-stops-pancreatic-cancer-cells.html
- Ginger: 10,000x Stronger Than Chemo (Taxol) in Cancer Research Model http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/ginger-10000x-stronger-chemo-taxol-cancer-research-model-1
- These foods KILL cancer cells better than chemotherapy https://www.preventcancer.news/2018-06-11-these-25-foods-kill-cancer-cells-better-than-chemotherapy.html
- Ginger – sources, health benefits, nutrients, uses and constituents at NaturalPedia.com https://naturalpedia.com/ginger-sources-health-benefits-nutrients-uses-and-constituents-at-naturalpedia-com.html
- Ginger is an amazing wide spectrum tonic and remedy https://www.naturalnews.com/033562_ginger_health_remedy.html
- Prepare for no medical help being available – Books, natural remedies and first aid resources, will be the difference between life and death https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-11-prepare-no-medical-care-available.html
- The Colossal Health Benefits of Ginger, Both Fresh and Ground https://www.organicauthority.com/health/the-colossal-health-benefits-of-ginger-both-fresh-and-ground
- The Health Benefits of Turmeric a Nutritionist Wants You to Know https://www.health.com/food/turmeric-benefits
- Alterations of serum levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in depressed patients with or without antidepressants https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006322303001811
- BDNF mRNA is decreased in the hippocampus of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0896627391902733
- Determining the Effects of Lipophillic Drugs on Membrane Structure by Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy– The Case of the Antioxidant Curcumin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2748423/
- Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9619120
- How to increase bioavailability of Turmeric by 2000% for amazing benefits https://naturalnewsblogs.com/increase-bioavailability-turmeric-2000-amazing-benefits/
- Fresh Ginger vs. Dried Ginger – Know Their Difference https://www.pyroenergen.com/articles10/fresh-dried-ginger.htm